How to get nofityed of a new e-mail

Ade_1 19:06 12 Mar 2006

I was wondering if there is a safe free program where you can get notifyed of a new e-mail in your e-mail in box whilst using your desktop, i knwo there are ones for firefox but i wanted one that works whilst i was just on my desktop and not hvaing to open firefox.

Thanks
Aidan

phono 19:10 12 Mar 2006

Mailwasher Pro will do that, not sure if the free version does try here click here

Jackcoms 19:17 12 Mar 2006

So does Mailwasher Free click here

Ade_1 19:19 12 Mar 2006

im assuming theyre safe? and dont send you spam or anythign like that?

Jackcoms 19:21 12 Mar 2006

On the contrary, the whole point of Mailwasher is to help you filter out spam before downloading mail to your PC!

phono 19:23 12 Mar 2006

As Jackcoms said, Mailwasher filters out spam, I use the paid for Pro version and wouldn't be without it, the free version is also very good, it just has a few less features.

remind 21:20 12 Mar 2006

incredibly small free notifier, powerful rule set to filter spam - not as easy to set up as mailwasher but it's 100kb compared to 4mb
click here
glad i checked the home page, just had an update for the first time in months

GaT7 21:41 12 Mar 2006

Get MailWasher version 2beta28 - the last free version that will allow more than one email account - from click here. G

Stuartli 22:10 12 Mar 2006

Mozilla's Thunderbird posts a small envelope in the Notification Tray and also a musical note to indicate new e-mail(s).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?