How to get ADD/REMOVE to see second HDD

ACOLYTE 22:43 17 May 2007

I want to uninstall some things from a second hard drive i added as slave but the add remove in xp only shows the main drive,is there a way to make it show both drives?.I dont want to just delete the files as it may cause errors in other things.
I did look for the uninstall in the folders but there wasnt any.

skidzy 22:48 17 May 2007

Can you not access the drive via My Computer and explore and remove/delete.

ACOLYTE 22:52 17 May 2007

Yes i could but,im not sure this would get rid of all the reg entries as well and may have side effects on programs that are co dependent on others.

skidzy 22:56 17 May 2007

Possibly not,but ccleaner or similar would take care of obsolete registry entries.

What exactly are you trying to remove ?

Maybe your best bet would be to remove/delete the files while in safemode,therefore you should not have any dependant files relying on the files you wish to delete.
Though may have adverse effect when you boot into windows if you think some of the apps rely on these files.

What i dont understand here,if you think something may need a file from these programs/other files...why remove it ?

Technotiger 23:00 17 May 2007

Hi, if you have CCleaner have a look in Tools>Uninstall, programs might be listed there.

ACOLYTE 23:04 17 May 2007

I wont to remove programs i dont use,and gain back some space on the drive,it would be easy if the programs showed up in add/remove.There is also programs i wont to keep and im not sure on the what the outcome would be if i just deleted them.The drive does have windows xp on it as it was from another pc,so i dont want to delete
things that windows may need.

skidzy 23:09 17 May 2007

Do you have Acronis,if not maybe your best bet is to purchase a copy and create an image of the drive,therefore any problems ...reinstate the image.

Acronis TI 10 click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?