How to find motherboar make and model

birdface 16:21 15 Jan 2008

Hi.Dismantled an old computer with a start up fault on it last year.A Bit bored so decided to try and put it together again and see if I could find the fault.Where do I find the motherboard model number so that I can look it up in case I wire it up wrong.Thanks in advance.

cream. 17:11 15 Jan 2008

Some have it written between the PCI slots. Or you maybe lucky and find a code on the motherboard.

If you find any codes post back. You could also help by either uploading a picture or giving details of the options on the motherboard

birdface 17:14 15 Jan 2008

Its a Hp tower.But not sure if it is a homebuild or not.

cream. 17:46 15 Jan 2008

Whats the towers code number?

birdface 18:37 15 Jan 2008

Fell at the first fence.Cant even find where the on off switch wires go on m/board.Got the board in my hand ,but can find no Motherboard number.Eyesight not to great so will probably have to wait till morning.Sorry but cannot upload a picture.Apart from some SiS products on it and a few paper numbers on the side which don't show anything when googled.Is there anywhere that you can see HP m/boards on line and I could probably pick it out.Will Google it and see if anything turns up.

cream. 18:54 15 Jan 2008

Does it give the chipset or do you know what type of cpu it takes?

If it boots to post, it will give a bios string at the bottom of the first page.

cream. 18:58 15 Jan 2008

"Cant even find where the on off switch wires go on m/board."

thats easy.

Connect the board up with power from the psu and connect no wires to the front panel connector.

With a flat bladed screwdriver, short the pins in order. When it kicks in, they are the power pins.

birdface 19:30 15 Jan 2008

system number.D9854E. SERIAL NU.NL10012370. D954-60101. HP Brio BA410 thats about all that I can find on the case.October 2000 date on it so a golden oldie.

birdface 19:37 15 Jan 2008

AMD K6 is that what you are looking for.

cream. 19:40 15 Jan 2008

the manual click here

The drivers click here

cream. 19:47 15 Jan 2008

If it's a AMD K6, then it's not a brio. The motherboard that came with them is a celeron, Pent111 one.

So back to the drawing board.

Any chipset numbers on the motherboard?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?