How fast is lightscribe?

prb 20:06 15 Oct 2008

Wonder if anyone could offer some advice - I burn around 10 CDs a week (nothing illegal, they're sermon recordings from our church), and was wondering about getting a lightscribe drive to label them up.

Does anyone have any experience on the speed of these drives? I understand that the more complicated the design is, and the further from the middle it is, the longer it will take.

Thanks

Paul

MaxUpload 20:35 15 Oct 2008

Taken from the user manual of a now defunct drive I used to have,and I quote :

"Labelling time depends heavily on content, hardware, media and print mode used. Typically for title only content, a labeling time of 2-5 minutes can be expected. For full disc graphics in Best quality mode, labelling times of 20-35 minutes can be expected."

From what I can remember the times given above are a little ambiguous to say the least.Coupled with the cost of media it would probably be a lot easier and cheaper to get a printer with a CD printing facility.I did!!

Technotiger 20:38 15 Oct 2008

Hi, I have only done a few, each with a fair amount of detail - average time taken to label-print was 20-25 minutes peer disc.

I am Spartacus 20:44 15 Oct 2008

Same here, about 20-30 minutes for a fair bit of detail including pictures. I don't bother anymore though, the discs are expensive compared to normal blanks and black(ish) on beige doesn't look that good. There's other colours apart from beige though.

prb 21:13 15 Oct 2008

thanks for your comments, Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone