how to email an excel form

dimercaprol 17:43 21 Feb 2007

I have an excel spreadsheet with some questions on it.

I can create a form with the questions on it using "Data - Form". What I would like to do is email this form to about 12 people (instead of the whole Excel spreadsheet) and ask them to complete and return to me.

Is there any way that this can be done?

Thanks in advance.

Stuartli 17:46 21 Feb 2007

I don't use Excel but normally, in the case of MS programs and applications, from (generally) File you can usually Send To i.e. in this case a mail recipient or recipients.

VoG II 17:49 21 Feb 2007
  dimercaprol 23:43 21 Feb 2007

Thank you for your advice. But all these methods seem to allow the sending of worksheets and data but not the forms.

I think I shall have to look for an different way to solve my problem.

Many thanks.

silverous 07:49 22 Feb 2007

I thought that might be what you are after. Haven't used forms much but will have a play today and let you know.

silverous 08:29 22 Feb 2007

OK, I get forms now (never used them before). So when you follow what these guys are suggesting - why isn't that sufficient? The form is linked to the worksheet and data. The alternative would be to lay out a form on a sheet and send that out?

dimercaprol 00:09 23 Feb 2007

Basically, I ended up doing just that. I just sent out the worksheet itself with the questions in one column and answers in another.

With a form, the layout is different as you can create a worksheet with each question in a separate column and get each respondant in one row - but when you create a form from this, the questions appear in a "column". If you put different headings in columns A, B, C etc and then create a form from this, you will see what I mean.

It would have been nicer to just send out the form to everyone and then put the results in the worksheet after receiving them back.

Thanks, everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires