how an earth do you set up outlook express?

GEEKSTA 21:20 18 Mar 2007

To me outlook express is one the most useless things on my computers.
Ive tried to have ago at setting it up with gmail (no luck) , hotmail (no luck).

Can someone please guide me step by step how on set a email thingy on outlook.

Im not sure if gmail and hotmail are meant to work on it but if it isnt, can you tell me what will work on it please and perhaps i can get one of those acounts ?

Thanks in advance.

SANTOS7 21:26 18 Mar 2007

click here=
take ya pick..

skidzy 21:50 18 Mar 2007

For Gmail in outlook express click here

Hotmail click here

Stuartli 22:00 18 Mar 2007

To be fair that is not the fault of Microsoft.

It merely needs to be properly configured to work as intended.

Stuartli 22:02 18 Mar 2007

Like all Microsoft programs and applications, Outlook Express includes a very comprehensive and well written Help section.

This details how to set up OE to do as you require.

Ho-Lin-Sok 22:16 18 Mar 2007

Hotmail is not free via OE needs a subscription.

p;3 20:33 19 Mar 2007

one problem may be what you have asked of your computer to have as the default mail client

I too dreaded starting up my OE until I was helped through it; what exactly is your problem ?

GEEKSTA 22:03 19 Mar 2007

The problem is that i dont have a clue what to do, or how to set it up with gmail.
Is it even gmail compatible?
I went on the site skidzy said for gmail, and that didnt work. When i go to send an email it says some error message.

skidzy 22:07 19 Mar 2007

Whats the error message ?

VoG II 22:13 19 Mar 2007

click here for Hotmail - this will only work with paid-for or old Hotmail accounts.

GEEKSTA 22:14 19 Mar 2007

when i go to send after i click send another small window comes up saying "some erros occured while processing the requested tasks. please review the list of errors below for more details."

and uder the erros tab it says
" The connection to the server has failded. Acount 'gmail acount', Server:'localhost', Protocol: SMTP,Port: 25m, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 100061, Error Number: 0x800ccc0e "

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017