how to download pictures from camera

chocolatemam 07:55 28 Mar 2003

i have a medion md 800 and a olympus camia c-830 camera,have taken picture card from camera and placed it in the smart media slot,no response from computer,please help! thanks.
chris

mole44 08:12 28 Mar 2003

is the card the wrong way round,is the smartmedia itam shown as a removeable drive.if not try loading the drivers that came with the adapter and see if that cures it

User-312386 08:19 28 Mar 2003

I assume you have a Crad Reader Port? The one that is integral with the computer?

As mole44 sais "Is it the wrong way round"?

Lú-tzé 08:21 28 Mar 2003

Depends too on your operating system - win98 will need drivers installed. Win ME, 2k or XP has native support for such cards.

User-312386 08:26 28 Mar 2003

crad=Card

Typo error sorry

Andsome 08:32 28 Mar 2003

Do you have Camedia Master Software with your Olympus? If so leave the card in the camera, and connect to USB. Switch camera on and a new drive should appear, possibly drive F. Create a folder and name it in Camedia Master. Click onto your new drive and the photo's should all apear in the Camedia Master window. Click onto one of the photo's, click EDIT/HIGHLIGHT ALL. All the photo's should then appear to be highlighted. Drag any one of them accros to the new folder in Camedia Master, and they will all then follow. Open Camedia Suite, select a little folder sign just below FILE. You can then create a folder. Click EDIT, and all the photo's can then be imported into Camedia Suite and stored there. If you don't have this software, then I am STUCK. Best of luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?