How does one convert a file to pdf ?

Baslla321 16:30 19 Mar 2004

I have Acrobat Reader. How can I convert a file to pdf to send by email. Is there a free acrobat software to do this?

LastChip 16:33 19 Mar 2004
  woodchip 16:36 19 Mar 2004

No,,,,,, You have to buy one or You may get a PDF printer Driver in a program like WordPerfect11 or 12 other programs also have PDF printer drivers but it depends on what they include with the program you buy. To access a PDF when you say want to print a doc you can click the drop-down for the printer you want to use and if you have PDF it will be listed with the Printers as will a fax printer etc

stlucia 16:39 19 Mar 2004

I think WordPerfect is owned by Adobe now, isn't it? That's why they give you the driver. Pagemaker also has the facility.

woodchip 16:41 19 Mar 2004

No it's stil Coral

Baslla321 16:51 19 Mar 2004

Thanks. I will look into these.

Diemmess 18:00 19 Mar 2004

The full Adobe Acrobat application is needed if you want to do much with pdf files...... however I think Photoshop, Illustrator, some heavyweight OCR and wordprocessors can export files as .pdf for web destination.

Simsy 18:56 19 Mar 2004

pdfFactory from click here or, depending on what the original file is, (eg a "Word" doc for example), you may be able to open it in EasyOffice, a free office suite from click here, and "print" it to pdf from there.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

Wak 19:21 19 Mar 2004

Hi, If you go to click here they will convert any document to a PDF for you for FREE immediately.

JerryJay 19:33 19 Mar 2004

Free one:

(1) Openoffice can convert files as pdf files. All MS Office File can be opened by Openoffice click here

(2) Intsall a Postscript Driver (a) Add printer get Win Installtion CD ready when you select Postscript driver (b) Download Adobe postscript driver from click here click here. Then you can convert any file to postscript file with extension ,ps, in any win program, just print and select postscript printer and print to a file, give name "xyz.ps" (do not forget qutation marks). Then you can open postscript file by using Ghostview and convert to pdf file from there. Ghostview is here click here

R4 19:56 19 Mar 2004

you can send a PDF file attachment by mail providing the recipient has Acrobat Reader (Free) to read it.

However Active PDF have converters and trial downloads:-click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?