How does Nero Backitup work?

trumph 11:36 23 Nov 2005

I've installed Nero6 re-loaded to my 6 month old laptop running WindowsXP SP2. I have tried to set up an incremental back up job using Backitup. All went well untill the first scheduled job ran. I had the original backup on 3 disks. At the alotted time it asked me to insert Disk 1. This was immediately ejected and the insert disk 1 message redisplayed. I then tried disk 3 and lo & behold much whirring and flashing lights from the CD drive. However, no progress bar was displayed and when the disk ejected there was no message or report. I contacted Nero support who asked for a re-run with the diagnostics running. They said the file indicated the new & changed files had been added to disk 3. However, their reply was in pigeon english which makes it hard to understand and they made no attempt to confirm if the lack of on screen progress messages is the correct behaviour or why it asks for the wrong disk at the start. Subsequent attempts to get answers go unanswered so you are my final hope before sending this back to Germany with a message about crap support.

Stuartli 13:16 23 Nov 2005

IIRC it is not a good idea to use Nero for backup purposes - it's something to do with the particular type of files created by Nero.

Better to burn a proper backup using Nero to a CD-R.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone