How do you transfer emails to new PC

hawthorn59 16:21 06 Feb 2004

Changing my PC and wondering is there an easy way to

1 Transfer emails from the old pc and

2 Import IE Favourites

Thanks

VoG II 16:26 06 Feb 2004

1. click here click on Bootcamnp and see Numbers 309-311.

2. On old PC, in IE File/Import vand export and export favorites to a floppy. Then follow a similar procedure to Import on the new one.

Gongoozler 16:30 06 Feb 2004

The easiest way to transfer your e-mails and favorites is to search your old machine for .dbx files and copy them all to a cd including folders.dbx. These should all be in the same folder, and unless you have a program such as Autocad, they will all be e-mails and have appropriate file names such as Inbox.dbx, Outbox.dbx. Then copy the Favorites folder to the cd. On your new machine, again find the location of the dbx files and overwrite them with the saved files, and find the Favorites folder and overwrite it with the saved one.

blanco 17:08 06 Feb 2004

Having just been through the same experience I can say that exporting, Address book, Favourites and Cookies works like a dream.

However, I have had no luck with the emails. I followed the instructions on Outlook Express 'Help' and put the dbx files on a Zip with the other exports. When it comes to uploading them, the 'Help' index gives no instructions whatsover and a search for dbx files or folders reveals nothing.

I hope you have better luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?