How do you stop SPAM

Spr 22:18 04 Feb 2006

Using Outlook Express 6 is there anyway one can stop Spam getting through I have tried using Message “Create Rule from Message” & “Block Sender” all to no avail
I don’t like receiving Spam as some of the contents are offensive especially with young ones around. I have tried my ISP Tiscali for help but all they give you is a number to ring & been slightly deaf I don’t understand what they are saying

I am using Windows XP Pro

octal 22:32 04 Feb 2006

A lot of people seem to be using Mailwasher click here

mr gee 22:45 04 Feb 2006

i use a programme called spam fighter

bluto1 22:51 04 Feb 2006

Spr, Get in touch with me via yellow envelope
and I`ll send you a CD with a free version of a spam killer. Please be aware that I am genuine, and that no harm will come to you or yours by doing as I ask. But remember I need an address to send the CD to. Up to you.

spuds 23:00 04 Feb 2006

K9 click here is a good programme for spam. Comes with a set-up/start-up guide to make things easier.

freaky 18:44 05 Feb 2006

If you have NTL in your area, then they do filter for spam. I used to get about 60 per day until NTL introduced this free service - as a result I get about 3 per day.

Norton AntiSpam is also good, it does not stop spam - it automaticaly sends them to a spam folder - it is a simple matter to delete them.

SANTOS7 18:52 05 Feb 2006

bluto1, why not post the link, if it is a free spam killer why not sharee it with others on this forum who may benefit by it...

961 18:56 05 Feb 2006

Mailwasher works

Just don't ever bounce spam. That's a sure way to multiply by 10

Stuartli 18:58 05 Feb 2006

Move from OE6 to Mozilla Thunderbird..:-)

Apart from the virtual disappearance of any requirement to constantly update OE (and the same with Mozilla Firefox in contrast to Internet Explorer), Thunderbird has a Junk filter than you can "train" to automatically and instantly send unwanted e-mails to the Junk folder.

See:

click here

Stuartli 18:59 05 Feb 2006

You are able to import your OE and (in the case of Firefox) IE configuration and settings either whilst installing Thunderbird or later as necessary.

bluto1 22:01 05 Feb 2006

SANTOS7, I cannot post a link except to say it`s a CD from PC Pro with a free version of McAfee
spam killer. I`ve not looked on their site to see if it can be picked up. Sorry about this, I thought I was doing somebody a favour. CD in post first thing Monday AM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?