How do you stop the blue backgroung on Firefox

birdface 10:12 22 Sep 2007

Hi.Anybody know how to stop getting the blue background every time you change pages in Firefox.This click here was provided bye Norman47. click here I also find it a bit slow opening pages,I am sure that I never had this problem when I downloaded Firefox last year.This from my previous thread. click here Does everyone have this problem or is it just a few of us.Any advice welcome.

tullie 10:21 22 Sep 2007

I get this on this site,but not really a problem for me.

skidzy 10:33 22 Sep 2007

In an old version of Firefox you could stop this,but now i find using IEtab for those pages not compatible with Firefox and Javascript disabled or with Javascript enabled and use Noscript.

However i do not think you can permantly rid the blue sides in Firefox on PCA.

To disable Javascript:
Tools/Options/Content untick javascript.This will also stop the ads.

Noscript click here use with javascript enabled to stop the ads.

IEtab click here

I once posted a thread about this,however i do not seem to be able find this.
Coff gave me the sound advice but its not compatible with the newer versions of Firefox.

Les T 10:36 22 Sep 2007

I'm the same as tullie, i only get it for this site and only for a second or so when i click on a different topic.

birdface 10:41 22 Sep 2007

Thanks for that ,but because my pages are opening a little slowly it more noticeable now.I can always go back to IE7 but would like to find out if there was a way to stop it.I would like to find out if everyone has this problem.So is there anybody out there that does not have this problem.

cocteau48 11:09 22 Sep 2007

Hi buteman
Like Marg7 I get this as an intermittent problem and it's only on this site.
I have noticed however that when it does happen my download speed has dropped - not a lot - maybe 0.5Meg. The sort of drop you might expect at peak times.

birdface 11:30 22 Sep 2007

I tried it with javascript dissabled.And low and behold ,No blue background.Will just call you mr wonderful from now on.I Will reboot computer and see what happens.

birdface 11:39 22 Sep 2007

Hi Skidzy.So far everything is great,no more blue background.But I suppose something might go wrong with other things,But at the moment thanks for your suggestions I will probably try some of your other ideas and see how I get on with them.

birdface 11:48 22 Sep 2007

Thanks everyone for the feedback but will now class this as resolved.Marge I have had a look at your click here and will have another look later when the Footie is finished.

birdface 13:46 22 Sep 2007

One little problem so far.It will not let me run my speed test.I suppose there will be others,But it's better than getting the blue background all the time.

birdface 15:15 22 Sep 2007

Tried it.Did not make any difference to me.But like I said.A small price to pay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?