how do you set up a wireless network system?

Mitul123 18:02 28 Jan 2006

i have 2 windows xp , win pro on my laptop and home edition on the desktop pc.i have wireless internet on both of the comupters through a router (NETGER), a pc card on the laptop and a PCI adapter on the desktop,but can anyone tell me how to network the two computers wirelessly??
any relp would be most appreciated

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:07 28 Jan 2006

Run the wireless connection wizard in control panel, make a disk and then run the disc on the second PC /laptop.

Mitul123 18:09 28 Jan 2006

yes but it that going to make it wireless??

PaulB2005 18:51 28 Jan 2006

if it has no wireless it's wireless

absent 20:31 28 Jan 2006

I have just set up a wireless network and found it is better to post questions on this subject in the networking forum. Myself after several days of going around in circles and a reinstall of windows used the winxp wireless zero configuration service ( Control panel,Network connections,Network setup wizard)

absent 20:37 28 Jan 2006

As both machines are running XP you do not need to make a disk. Turn of firewalls until you get the network running, then configure them as necc.

wobblymike 22:17 28 Jan 2006

Mitul123
I confess to being a little confused by your description.
One of your PCs (desktop I guess) is I presume wired up via ethernet connection to your modem/router which is (i again presume) a wireless router/modem. Is this so?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?