How do you replace a file in Win ME

  Greenfingers 21:08 29 Sep 2003

I need to replace a system file on a computer running ME.This is according to HP (scanjet problem).However, with system file protection working in the background its impossible and therefore I need a work around.
Anyone any idea`s please.

  VoG II 21:32 29 Sep 2003

Try in Safe Mode?

  MAJ 21:32 29 Sep 2003

Which system file, Greenfingers? I think, but could be wrong coz I've never used ME, that it's the same as XP, Start > Run, type "sfc /scannow" (without the quote marks, don't forget the space after "sfc") in the box and click OK.

  powerless 21:33 29 Sep 2003

ME does not have SFC.

  powerless 21:53 29 Sep 2003

click here

Tried a system restore?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?