How do you remove sponsered content from PCA

Govan1x 13:12 07 Oct 2017

Getting really fed up with it not sure if it is just me that gets it or not but cant seem to be able to remove it.

Also getting it on other peoples posts as well occasionally.

Now just tried the new Firefox screenshot program and find it so easy to use. 10 seconds after taking the screenshot you can post it on here. it is that easy to use

Sponsored Content

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:38 07 Oct 2017

I've clicked on a few so that PCA get the revenue now I block the image using Adblock.

as they add new ones I click to review then block again using adblock. Currently have 40 items block so as to make this site useable.

Govan1x 13:52 07 Oct 2017

Ok FB I have been using ABP and it does not stop it or if it does it just comes back. Just tried Ghostery and not a lot of good.

Have to draw the line somewhere when it opens in random posts and is getting a bit of a nuisance. Will try yours later on to day once I remove the others.

I never heard anyone else complain about it so thought that maybe I was the only one getting the problem.

Jollyjohn 14:08 07 Oct 2017

You are not the only one. I too am getting Sponsored Content on some posts. I use Firefox with AdBlocker but the odd one still pops up.

Zak 14:59 07 Oct 2017

I use uBlock Origin both for Chrome and FireFox. Works a treat once you work out how to block content.

How to remove element permanently

Zak 15:01 07 Oct 2017

Add

I had to perform the blocking in each Forum separately with UBlock Origin

Govan1x 21:05 07 Oct 2017

No luck with your one either Zak.

Govan1x 19:20 08 Oct 2017

Anyone know how to add a web address to ABP block list using Firefox.

qwbos 00:23 09 Oct 2017

Get Bitdefender – Save up to AUD 40

And misdirected sponsored content at that.

Govan1x 09:18 09 Oct 2017

qwbos

Yes it is annoying when you get it in some of your posts or some of the posts that you are reading.

It is not just Bitdefender but other adds as well. lets hope someone can find a cure.

simonjary 16:39 09 Oct 2017

Sponsored content links are just one of the ways we try to monetise the site and therefore the forums. Without such advertising deals we couldn't keep the forum going without charging for it.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?