How do you remove?

WiLL-A 20:27 19 Jan 2003
  WiLL-A 20:27 19 Jan 2003

Anyone know a way to permanently remove all traces of Internet Explorer, Oulook Express, Windows Media Player and Microsoft Messenger from Windows 98/ME.

Installing one of those OS on a second PC and dontlike/use any of these and want rid of them.

Better still is it possible to prevent installation of these while doing a clean install. I remember years ago Windows gave you the option not to install these items but even if you selected not to, it still went ahead and did so.

VoG™ 20:34 19 Jan 2003

This will get rid of IE click here

woodchip 20:38 19 Jan 2003

This Program will remove IE complete but not the rest, IEradicator2001.zip
click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:43 19 Jan 2003

WMP and Messemger can be removed through 'add and remove progs' in control panel.

G

woodchip 20:55 19 Jan 2003

And Outlook Express on some. But you can follow the advice below and put in were there are xxxxx the program or file you need to remove it will get rid of most of it.

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box xxxxx click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with xxxxx in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type xxxxx and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than xxxxx then reboot your computer

WiLL-A 20:56 19 Jan 2003

So thats 3 taken care of. Thanks every one.

Wasnt sure as I have been using XP since release and couldnt remember what i could/couldnt do on 98/ME.

hgrock 21:05 19 Jan 2003

what i don't understant why do you want to use windows atall if you don't want ie oe and all the others why not just gat a mac

rowdy 21:17 19 Jan 2003

The above is a program you can buy which makes most of Windows98 an option and gives you much more control over what is installed. Available from click here price $35

rowdy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?