How do you get the "since" symbol in Word?

  User-5C85F53B-0B3E-46C4-BEE85F58E3699EC7 20:48 28 Jan 2008

Does anyone know how to get the "since", an upside-down "therefore" symbol, in Microsoft Word?

I have read the thread on getting the "therefore" symbol, but I can't seem to find a "since" symbol.

  STREETWORK 20:59 28 Jan 2008

2. Move the mouse pointer to the Menu Bar near the top. Click "Insert", then "Symbol".
3. Ensure that the tab at the front is "Symbols".
4. Ensure that the "Font" panel shows "(normal text)". (Word 97 users, take particular note.)
5. On the bottom line (without scrolling) of letters, fourth from the left, click the capital circumflexed ?. (In Word 97, it might be second from the left.)
6. Click "Shortcut Key". Normally the "Save changes in" should read "".
7. Alt + Shift + C (this means, hold down [Alt] and [Shift] while you press C). You will see the keystroke combination you just made in a panel named "Press new shortcut key".
8. Click "Assign". This will assign that keystroke shortcut to capital C circumflex, that is, ?.
9. Click "Close".
(Assign next character)
10. See the small circumflexed ? to the right of the ?, and click it.
11. Click "Shortcut Key".
12. [Alt] + c.
13. Click "Assign".
14. Click "Close".

I'm afraid I can't find the symbol you are referring to (capital circumflexed ?), STREETWORK. I use Microsoft Word 2003.

  DieSse 21:12 28 Jan 2008

It's in the Equation Editor.

Look in your version of Word Help how to call up the equation Editor - you may need to install it.

I couldn't find it for some time as it seems more commonly to be called "because" (at least where I looked!).

  Hawy 23:18 28 Jan 2008

Have a look in Symbols MT Extra, it's on the second line to the right.

  DieSse 00:58 29 Jan 2008

Perhaps installing the Equation Editor gives you Symbols MT Extra - 'cos I don't have them in my Word2000 fonts.

Thanks for all your help.

  Tharani 11:18 04 Nov 2011

To get the since symbol, please do the following: Type Alt + 8757 (Note: hold the Alt key and type the number, “8757” in the num-pad.

(or) Type 2235 in num-pad and hold Alt and type X.


Insert ? Symbol ? More symbol ? Font (Ms Mincho) ? Type the character code (2235) ? ?

  lotvic 14:56 04 Nov 2011

Tharani bit late in the day, this thread is nearly 4 years old

and it's your first post on forum. Hope you are not a spammer 'testing the waters' if you are don't bother, spam will get deleted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?