How do you create a dvd?

SB23 15:10 21 Feb 2007

Don't laugh, but I seem incapable of creating dvd's.
My first attempt wasn't recognised at all, so I think I need to check what software I need to be able to complete a simple process, or so I've been told.
I have installed DVD Decrypter, Dvd Shrink, Roxio Record Now, and Cyberlink Dvd Solution. The first 2 I read, and was told I needed, but do you think I can get them to do anything, no.

I would like to put a few films (that I own) onto my harddrive, with the possibility of putting them onto dvd for travelling purposes, so the originals can stay at home. Then theres the backups that I can store on dvd to ease the amount of cdr's I have lying around,(photos mainly).

I have talked about this before, but I think I need advice on the best, and simplest programs to use.

Thanks

Steve

moorie- 15:17 21 Feb 2007

if you open dvd shrink,then click open disc and then click back up,choose the location ie hard drive or disc.
when back up from hard drive click open files then then back up and point towards your dvdrw

moorie- 15:29 21 Feb 2007

use this click here
dvd decrypter finished updating 2005.The link has free trial period of 21 days

SB23 15:44 21 Feb 2007

Its come up with the backup target (Hard disc folder), and the target folder, I assume is where I can store it?
What does the backup target mean?

moorie- 15:47 21 Feb 2007

if i remember correctly it is where you want to put the back up ie hard drive or dvdrw

moorie- 15:57 21 Feb 2007

the folder is where dvd shrink temporarily puts the files whilst doing the back up,after the back up is complete the temp file can be deleted.
the target is where the back up will be ie hard drive
or dvdrw whichever is selected from the drop down

SB23 16:03 21 Feb 2007

So far so good. The place where I sent the files now shows 2 folders. One contains the film, the other says audio, but its empty. Do I just sent them to a suitable burning program now, and which one?
Sorry for all the questions.

moorie- 16:18 21 Feb 2007

if you just want to play from your back up, just click on the video folder and double click the first file,it should then play through your default dvd player.

if you want to burn your back up to dvd

use dvd shrink,open files button instead of open disc then click back up and use target as dvdrw{have blank disc in first) as wont be available on dropdown otherwise.
if you have both dvd rom and dvdrw you could do it and not have to put the back up on the hard drive first putting the source disc into the rom and the blank into the rw
click back up and select target as dvdrw

SB23 17:25 21 Feb 2007

Thanks for your help, I've done it. The files play using a player, (I have a selection), and the copied dvd also plays.
I think the problem was me, lol, but I've seen the order in which to do things, and I understand what needs to be done now, whether I'm saving to the pc or copying to disc.

Thanks to you, I've had a successful afternoon.

Thanks again.

Steve

moorie- 17:31 21 Feb 2007

your welcome
D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?