How do you convert a NBU file?

The Dazza 18:39 27 May 2009

I have a Nokia N96 and I recorded a conversation on it I would like to burn to disk.

I have transfered from my phone to my laptop and it's saved as a NBU file.

Does any brain box know how to convert this
to an audio disk?

It looks as though it's saved as 1 file, however, I know there are more files inside i.e video

Gold star for solving this up for grabs!

eedcam 18:49 27 May 2009

Nokia Backup File found thid software appears to be free the download is under the Features section. May be what you need
click here

The Dazza 19:11 27 May 2009

you can only save as text, HTML and Excel type files. The file in question is an audio. Any ideas anyone?

lotvic 20:19 27 May 2009

click here Free ABC Amber NBU Converter 1.03 seems to have .WAV and .mp3 on the list of Save As
it might be what you are wanting. Click on the Screenshot to see what file formats are listed

(myWOT gives site a green OK for trust)

brundle 20:42 27 May 2009

NBU is a general Nokia phone backup, everything in one big file. If the N96 has the same folder structure and general operation as every recent Nokia I've owned, plug it into your PC (don't start Nokia PC Suite at all), select Mass Storage, the phone memory and any additional memory card installed ought to show up as drive letters in My Computer, open the drive letter corresponding to your memory card (for a long recording), find the Recordings folder, the recordings are stored there in .AMR format. Copy that file to your PC, convert it to mp3 or wav with click here

If you've already removed the file, restore the phone use the .nbu file backup and then copy the recording back to the PC.

The Dazza 21:57 27 May 2009

sorted it, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?