How do you change plot line weights in Excel 2010?

skeletal 18:47 19 Jan 2011

In spite of using Excel 2010 for ages, I still have trouble sorting out charts!

My question: how can you change the line weighting of many chart lines simultaneously? By chart lines I mean the actual plot of results in an XY graph, not grids or borders etc etc.

If I select a chart, the chart tools tabs highlight green on the ribbon. There are then hundreds of things I can do, including changing the line weight of INDIVIDUAL lines. Of the countless methods, on the left hand side of the layout tab I can select “Chart area”, or each of the “series” of lines. Changing the line weighting on “Chart area” or “Plot area” doesn’t change the results' plot lines but the borders of the graph (etc).

I have dozens of results so it is a pain doing them all individually.

Skeletal

VoG II 19:05 19 Jan 2011

As far as I know it has always (in different versions of Excel) been the case that you have to change the properties of each series individually.

skeletal 20:29 19 Jan 2011

Thanks VoG. I half thought that was the case, but I was hoping for a different answer! It is rather ironic that you can change almost everything in the charts these days, but something really useful like a group select still cannot be done.

Thanks again.

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?