How do U do this: When you right click on

Giggle n' Bits 00:47 05 Jul 2004

My computer and select properties it bring up a small window and with the bigger named machines like Dell, P.bell etc it shows the system manufacturer and sometimes with a logo and also sometimes with a button that can take you to support details.

Mainly wonder how do you enter say text within this screen which is to the left side of the pane.
Search in the Registry for system manufacturer using XP never reveals anything.

hugh-265156 01:03 05 Jul 2004

click here may help you

for win xp you will find oeminfo.ini and oemlogo.bmp in 'C:\windows\system32' directory

to remove any branding from outlook express and internet explorer click here but im not sure how to add your own here though sorry.

Giggle n' Bits 01:19 05 Jul 2004

Amazing what you can customise nowadays.

hugh-265156 01:47 05 Jul 2004

if you want boot screens and logon screens, visual styles etc and its xp click here= for lots more

click here to make your own boot screen

Stuartli 09:21 05 Jul 2004

Re your second link - I can foresee lots of What do I do now? queries coming up soon if new boot screen attempts go pearshaped....:-)

rawprawn 10:08 05 Jul 2004

I just followed your link to themexp and downloaded a screensaver. 35 pieces of malware came with it, and I'm having some trouble getting rid of them all. Just a warning to others who may be temted.

rawprawn 10:29 05 Jul 2004

All clear now.

Giggle n' Bits 13:30 05 Jul 2004

GAIN Attack also.

Thanks/aprreciated M8's huggyg71 & Stuartli.

hugh-265156 17:57 05 Jul 2004

very sorry folks but i have been using themexp site for ages and also the eldergeek site and never got any dodgy downloads from either of them.

i just checked the links i gave above and it seems fine to me. do you mean the gator pop up on the themexp site? you will only see this if you dont have a pop up stopper. hardly the end of the world though, just right click the task bar and choose close.

Stuartli not if they read the instructions properly and back up the old boot screen first :-)

rawprawn 18:25 05 Jul 2004

I got a whole heap including VX2 & Sah, there were 35 altogether, and like the idiot I am, I downloaded having done so before at this site and finished up having to format. Just goes to show we never learn. Don't worry no serious harm done.

hugh-265156 18:46 05 Jul 2004

my apologies again rawprawn i hate giving links that cause people problems.

its normally just the wallpaper, boot screens and logons i use from themexp. i have never used the screensavers but i just noticed that most of the links for downloading screensavers are to the authors websites and not from themexp site itself like the other downloads. maybe thats how you got caught out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?