How to do a system restore on a Dell PC

fifi1965 21:27 02 Feb 2009

Hi, Please help!! I seem to have some how lost my audio on my PC - think it was due to me attempting to be clever and installing some software called DriverCure to update all my drivers. Anyway in a nutshell - according to my control panel I have no audio device. I seem to recall ages ago being shown how to do a system restore - ie. to restore your system back to a chosen date (e.g. 2 days ago). But I cannot for the life of me remember how to do this?? I know that any work I have done since then would be lost but I haven't done anything major at all in the last 2 days so it would not a huge problem to lose anything.
Hope you can help
Thanks
Fi

STREETWORK 21:59 02 Feb 2009

go to control panel, from there you can select 'backup and restore'...

Bapou 22:51 02 Feb 2009

To use System Restore go to Start Menu - All Programs - Accessories - choose System Restore from resulting menu.

When System Restore opens - choose Restore My Computer To an Earlier Time. A calendar appears, click on one of the highlighted days and the Restore procedure will start.

ryankyeanne 21:18 05 Feb 2009

I recently bought a new dell and video card but I cannot get my call of duty 4 to work after it is all downloaded It tells me to insert dvd???????????????????????

Terry Brown 12:30 06 Feb 2009

ryankyeanne.

First, You should have started a new link.

Some programs require you to install the DVD/CD after installing to run the program to stop people 'borrowing' the DVD/CD , installing it and passing it on /returning it to the lender.

If you have the original DVD, try uninstalling it and re-install.

It is an attempt to stop piracy.

Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?