How do I upload photographs to a Web Forum ?

freaky 20:05 10 Mar 2007

I need to take some photos of my car, then upload them to be displayed on a forum.

No problem taking the photos using my digital camera, but how do I upload them?

Please give step by step instructions.

rdave13 20:12 10 Mar 2007

Try using Photobucket click here includes instructions.

Kate B 20:12 10 Mar 2007

Depends on the forum, but I assume it uses phpbb.

Upload your pics to an imagehosting service - I use Photobucket click here

Once your picture is uploaded you'll see it offers three fields underneath it. Copy the IMG code to your post and it will appear in your post. It will look like this [IMG] click here[/IMG] (I've added a space so you can see how it's constructed)

For this forum, though, which doesn't use phpbb, you have to link instead to it and allow people to click through to it. So as an example, http:// i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/blossiekins/blossfaceCustom.jpg (I've added a space so you can see the url) links you to click here

Kate B 20:14 10 Mar 2007

Oh, sorry, my first example didn't work - basically it's the url I've posted below with the [img] [/img] tags around it.

Graham. 20:30 10 Mar 2007

Here's another click here

Graham. 20:45 10 Mar 2007

Here's a video click here

freaky 20:45 10 Mar 2007

OK great, the consensus at the moment is Photobucket which can be downloaded via Kate B's link above.

Don't forget please that I am completely new to this, and technical jargon like: -

"Copy the IMG code to your post and it will appear in your post. It will look like this [IMG] click here[/IMG] (I've added a space so you can see how it's constructed)

For this forum, though, which doesn't use phpbb, you have to link instead to it and allow people to click through to it. So as an example, http://

At the moment it does not make sense, but I will persevere tomorrow. Many thanks.

Graham. 20:48 10 Mar 2007

Thought you said cat.

Graham. 20:55 10 Mar 2007

Photobucket is very easy to use. Click on Rdave13's link, browse to your picture, click 'Upload'. When it has finished, scroll down to click on the url - it will say 'Copied'.

Go to the forum, right click and select 'Paste'. That will post a link to your picture. Some forums will convert it to a 'click here'.

woodchip 21:03 10 Mar 2007

You can use this click here

freaky 10:34 11 Mar 2007

Thanks all, have now signed up with Photobucket and will experiment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?