How do I unlock a 3G O2 Iphone?

Bailey08787 17:21 04 Feb 2010

Hi

I've bought a secondhand Iphone off ebay that is locked to O2. I wish to use the Iphone using an Orange pay monthly SIM card, therefore I need to unlock the Iphone.

I understand that O2 have an unlocking service click here however I presume this is for someone who is already on O2 - as it asks for the mobile number (or would this work if I provided the Orange number I plan to use in the Iphone?)

Anyway, I'm looking for advice on how to go about unlocking the Iphone. It's on software version 3.0. I'd prefer to avoid having to jailbreak it if possible.

thanks

bremner 17:28 04 Feb 2010

There is no legit way to unlock an iPhone.

It can be done and it is known as "jailbreaking"click here

JohnWilliams 18:12 04 Feb 2010

Take it down your local market and there should be a chap there who can do it for about a tenner.

tonymcdonn 20:09 04 Feb 2010

Have a look at this site it will help a lot.
click here

User-312386 20:54 04 Feb 2010

Or buy an O2 pay as you go sim, enter the mobile number and then they will give you the unlock code!

Bailey08787 09:23 05 Feb 2010

I already own an iphone with an O2 sim in it - I've requested it be unlocked and am waiting for 02 to do it.

I wander if I can switch my sim card to the other Iphone and go through the unlocking process, but quoting the same O2 tel number - or whether that may screw up the original unlocking procedure

User-312386 21:25 05 Feb 2010

Look you are not asking to do anything thats not legal, why not phone O2 and tell them the situation and they may be able to help you!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache