How do i uninstall my gfx card and add a new one ?

Daveson 23:35 17 May 2004

Hi there i need to remove my Radeon GFX and all drivers and add a new one. Please can you tell me how to go about this. Thanks from Craig.

Smegs 23:43 17 May 2004

To remove the drivers, goto ADD/REMOVE programs. To exchange the CARD, you will need to open the side of the pc. Locate the Card, remove the cable that connects the Monitor to the card. There should be ONE SCREW holding the card in, remove it. The card should pull out. Insert the new card, put screw in. Put side back on. Attach the cable. Turn PC on, Install DRIVERS.

Smegs 23:44 17 May 2004

Sounds simple. ;-))

woodchip 23:47 17 May 2004

Device Manager remove the Adapter and shut down comp then do the manual bit of fitting the new card

Djohn 23:48 17 May 2004

How do you attach the cable after you've put the side back on? ;o)

PSF 23:49 17 May 2004

click here

If you un-install the drivers from the control panel. Do not re-boot, Use the tool from the above link to remove all the drivers,then shutdown the pc, remove the old card, fit the new one, reboot and Windows will find the new card and ask for the drivers. Insert the cd and install the drivers.

Make sure you have earthed yourself first to avoid static discharge. It is best to leave the power plugged in and SWITCHED OFF at the wall, touch the metal case to earth yourself.

Daveson 23:49 17 May 2004

ok then, thanks for your help.

Smegs 23:51 17 May 2004

Djohn, are you taking the micky??? :-))

woodchip 23:56 17 May 2004

He would'nt do that

Smegs 23:57 17 May 2004

woodchip, Think Djohn gone to sleep.

PSF 23:57 17 May 2004

I think Djohn has one of these cards with the Video-in plug on the inside click here LOL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?