How do I UNinstall Hola Unblocker ?

Furkin 14:53 21 Sep 2013

Somewhere along the line, I picked up Hola Unblocker, on my Win 7 (32) machine.

This is prohibiting the start of IE10 - ie; I can't use it/google, to access the interweb.

I've managed to delete the QuickStart buttons on the Desktop & All Progs.

However: When I go to C.P > Progs & Features to uninstall it, it isn't there,,,, or at least not under that name.

Any ideas on how to get rid of this please ?

thanks.

rdave13 15:02 21 Sep 2013

Try opening IE10 without add-ons. Go to 'run' and type iexplore -extoff then ok. IE should open. You can check all the addons then but I'd go for resetting IE through tools, internet options, advanced then the reset tab.

Furkin 16:31 21 Sep 2013

Cheers Dave,

Even when I got the 'Can't display' message, I could open Tools.

I followed your advice, and even though it came up saying (para) 'IE is now running without add-ons', as soon as I tried searching, I still get the same "can't display" message.

I've been on the HOLA website to look for uninstall details, but it just came up with CP > Progs & Features. There is a contact address, so I've dropped them a line !?

I also looked at Tools > Options > Advanced > Reset, but I'm a little wary - just at the moment - as I don't know what I will lose.

If I can - i'd prefer to just uninstall this damned thing, rather than alter any settings. If I can't, then i'll bite the bullet, & reset.

thanks for this help, & all the previous help.

Furkin 07:38 22 Sep 2013

It looks like I cleared it.

Yip - flippin - eee

I did get a reply from Steve Avery at Hola, but despite my telling him 3 times that it didn't show up in CP > Progs & Features, he said to go to CP > Progs features etc !

In the end, I went to install it again, just to see how it manifested its self in CP > Progs. It actually shows up as Hola with the correct icon - which I didn't have before. It also said todays date and latest H version, so I assumed the worse. I thought if I UNinstall it now, it will obviously only uninstall that one !

WRONG !!!

I uninstalled it, & lo & behold, tis gone. Not only the one in Progs/Features, but - it seems like it took remnants of the last one with it (well, I can open Google in IE10 anyway - apparently, it blocks a dozen things, so we have to UNblock things,,,, using said hola), so i'll check a couple of the others.

I hope this helps other readers.

cheers dave13.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires