How do I un-knit a Network

wee eddie 16:45 01 Sep 2004

This will probably prove obvious once someone has explained to me how it is done.

My business is shortly to close and I have a PC (IBM Aptiva K500 W98se) and a Laptop (Advent 7007, WinXP etcetera). The PC, less certain critical information, is being purchased by the new owners.

I am taking the laptop with me.

I am not worried about the PC, that's their problem.

How do I removed the "Shared" status from the M$ Office folders and Outlook on my Laptop?

recap 16:50 01 Sep 2004

Right click the appropriate icon and select sharing.../sharing (tab)/Do not share this folder

wee eddie 05:48 02 Sep 2004

Do I not have to make adjustments on the Control Panel under Network Connections

Forum Editor 07:19 02 Sep 2004

If you want to disable the current shared status of a drive or folder just do what recap says.

Unless your laptop is connected to a network the status of the folders doesn't matter anyway.

wee eddie 09:47 02 Sep 2004

must lie elsewhere.

Basically, if I copy and paste the Outlook.pst file from the PC that was Networked into the Account on my laptop that was networked. It doesn't update.

If I paste exactly the same copy of Outlook.pst into another Account on my Laptop, it updates Outlook as expected to the items that were on the PC.

In other words I am stuck with the Outlook.pst file that was present when I closed the Network.

Maybe I asked the wrong question.

recap 12:18 02 Sep 2004

Try File/Export then select either Address book or messages.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires