how do i type m2 with a small 2 for square metre?

  funkam 16:33 14 Jan 2004

how do i type m2 with a small 2 for square metre?

  VoG II 16:38 14 Jan 2004

In what program?

  AndyJ 16:39 14 Jan 2004

If you mean in Word, then highlight the 2 then click on Format / Font then tick superscript if you want the two to appear above the "m", and subscript if you want the 2 below the "m"

  surfer girl 16:40 14 Jan 2004

In msword click format/font then tick the super script box ...type ya 2 then go back and untick the box

  AndyJ 16:40 14 Jan 2004

Incidentally, in Word there's also a shortcut key.

Highlight the text you want to convert, hold down the Ctrl and Shift key and press the +/= key whilst keeping the other two depressed.

This is a toggle so each time you press the +/= key it will switch between supercript and normal text

  Pesala 16:44 14 Jan 2004

Hold down Alter and type 0178 ²

For 1 type 0185 ¹

For 3 type 0179 ³

For degree sign 0186 º

  Indigo 1 16:49 14 Jan 2004

That's great info, I'll make a note of that for future reference.

  Stormpool 17:11 14 Jan 2004


Start - Run - Type 'charmap' <enter>

Many many many chars... you can copy to clipboard what you want to use. And paste it where you need it.

  helicopterdcr 08:03 15 Jan 2004

In Word, type your 'm', then Shift+Ctrl and += key. This will turn the cursor to superscript. Type your '2', then Shift+Ctrl and += key, which will turn off superscript. Much easier.

  jimv7 08:42 15 Jan 2004

In word, tools/customise/format and drag the superscript and suscript to the toolbar, then highlight the text you wish and click on sub/super.

  holly polly 08:48 15 Jan 2004

saved to favourites -very informative-thankyou-hol pol....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?