How do I transfer my contacts in MS Outlook

lindy 17:52 26 Jan 2005

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to transfer my contacts in MS Outlook to my new computer? I thought it would be a simple matter of copying it to flash drive then putting flashdrive in new computer - but not so simple.

Any ideas?

Jeffers22 17:55 26 Jan 2005

Export the pst file, (from the file menu). Copy the exported file to your flash drive.

On new PC Import the file from your flash drive.

Kegger 18:05 26 Jan 2005

open outlook on old PC, go to 'File' 'import& Export' on drop down list select 'export to a file' hit next select'Personal folder file (.pst)
highlight 'contacts' outlook will then give you standard directory field in My Documents, click finish, it will then build the file, copy to removable media to new computer and this time on opening outlook select import & export and then import the file to new pc

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:28 26 Jan 2005

Back up and recover Outlook Express / Outlook
click here
Search your old computer for files ending .dbx. These are your emails. There should be Inbox.dbx, Outbox.dbx, Drafts.dbx etc. There must also be Folders.dbx, this is the data telling OE how the emails are compressed. Save all these dbx files, then you can either import them into OE on your new computer, or overwrite the files of the same name in the new computer. Look for a file called (name).wab, this is your address book, and a folder called Favorites. Save these and either import or overwrite to transfer them.

Modo 19:00 26 Jan 2005

The above is all correct. With Outlook Kegger has given you the steps.

But you may find you have to drag the .pst file off your flash drive on to your computer to get the import wizard to recognise the file.

Desktop or My Docs will do fine

Don't ask me why!

lindy 19:40 26 Jan 2005

Thanks to everyone for their help. My contacts have now been put into my new computer. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?