How do I stop my AVG firewall blocking a program?

Mbube 12:54 17 Dec 2010

I am trying to get my pc to communicate wirelessly with a Kodak printer to do this it needs to use an Apple program called Bonjour when I open Bonjour Printer Wizard it says no Bonjour printers are available however if I disable my AVG firewall and then restart my computer and then open Bonjour again my printer is listed. This suggests that my firewall is blocking the program yet when I go in to AVG firewall settings for Bonjour Services it says allow for all, so why does the program not work when the firewall is switched on. Any suggestions as to how I might resolve this problem thanks

northumbria61 14:03 17 Dec 2010

Check "Preview of the Rule Detail" at bottom of Firewall screen - Protocol set to UDP - Direction "Both Ways"

Mbube 17:56 17 Dec 2010

Thanks northumbria61

I think I have now resolved this problem, I deleted Bonjour Services from the applications list in AVG firewall settings and then added it again and now it works. Now when I open Bonjour Printer Wizard my printer is listed so hopefully I can now print wirelessly from my pc without any further problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017