How do I set up email for Incredimail?

Beani 17:07 18 Mar 2008

Hi there, I know this is going to be pathetic for all you professional's out there, but I am having trouble trying to get my emails to go into incredimail, it's been like this, since it came back from being repaired. I've been at this since mid February and it's doing my head in!!
I'm receiving email but it's going into virgin media and I don't think that's right either because no pictures display on the email, I just get the box with the red cross in it.
I've printed off instructions but it's still not right.

Technotiger 17:18 18 Mar 2008

Incredimail Email Account Settings Assistant

Incoming Mail Server (POP3) and Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) settings:
POP3 (Post Office Protocol) is the standard protocol used by email clients to receive email. You need to configure your incoming mail server in IncrediMail to receive your email.

The server's name usually follows the standard format of mail.(your Internet Service Provider name).com.

SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is the standard protocol used by email clients to send email. You need to configure your outgiong mail sever in IncrediMail to send your email.

The server's name usually follows the standard format of mail.(your Internet Service Provider name).com.

Note: The incoming and outgoing server names are usually the same.

When you configure a new email account in IncrediMail, these settings are automatically filled in for you, according to the email account provided. Note: IncrediMail must be online to enter the server settings automatically.

If IncrediMail did not fill in the incoming and outgoing mail server fields automatically, you can either contact your ISP's customer service and request this information, or retreive your correct settings from previous email clients installed on your computer.

You may get more information from click here

birdface 17:49 18 Mar 2008

You have to make Incredimail your default e-mail browser.Try right clicking your Taskbar. properties. Start Menu.Advanced.Make sure e-mail is ticked and Incredimail is in the dropdown box

bluto1 21:34 18 Mar 2008

Hope you've worked it out by now.
Type Incredimail into your search engine and when you find it (free) download it and when prompted make sure that you make it your default emailer.
I use it with Virgin.net and am ever so pleased with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?