How do I set comment sizes in Excel 2007?

gazzaho 21:14 30 Apr 2008

Is there any way to set the default size for a comment in Excel 2007?

Every time I insert a comment it opens at the same size then I have to drag it to the size I want or format the comment size manualy by entering numbers, this is time consuming to do. I would like to set the size of the comment and have all additional comments created at that size.

Are there any Excel experts that can help?

MAT ALAN 21:21 30 Apr 2008

click here

this may help...

VoG II 21:24 30 Apr 2008

First make sure that the Developer tab is visible. Click the Office button > Excel Options, tick 'Show Developer tab in the Ribbon'.

Press ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor. Insert > Module. Copy and paste in

Sub AutosizeComments()
Dim cmt As Comment, cell As Range
On Error Resume Next
For Each cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
Set cmt = cell.Comment
If Not cmt Is Nothing Then cmt.Shape.TextFrame.AutoSize = True
Next cell
End Sub

Close the VBE using the X. Select the Developer tab > Macros > highlight AutosizeComments and click the Run button.

gazzaho 23:09 30 Apr 2008

Thanks for answering VoG, I tried what you said and when I ran it all the comments where reduced to pin pricks! There was no chance to enter any size details it just made all the comments very small. Any ideas?

Why does it have to be so difficult? How hard would it be to add an option like "remember last setting" in the format options? I can't believe I'm the only one that wants to do this, and it's not like the program is new, this must be the sixth or later version of it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?