how do i send a web link??

skippytibb 16:40 21 Mar 2009

hi im new to computers how do i send an internet page link address in an e-mail please help!!!

Batch 16:42 21 Mar 2009

Just cut and paste the web address into the email.

skippytibb 16:45 21 Mar 2009

could i have that in STUPID persons terms please

DieSse 16:51 21 Mar 2009

Where is the link - written in a publication, in your address bar, in your favorites, written down by you?

MAJ 16:55 21 Mar 2009

Highlight the web address you want to send, then hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard while at the same time pressing the C key. That will copy the web address. Now click in your email message and while again holding down the Ctrl key, press the V key. That will paste the web address into your email message. It will become an active link again when your recipient gets the email.

Graphicool1 16:58 21 Mar 2009

Left click> the Web Address, to highlight it, (it'll turn grey)

Right click it> and a small menu will pop up.

(Move your cursor (Arrow) down the list)

Left click> 'Copy'

Move your cursor to your open email page and...
Right click> where you want the Web link to go.

Another pop-up menu will appear.

Left click> 'Paste'
and the link will appear in blue.

jack 16:59 21 Mar 2009

How ever assuming it is on a page such as this,then right click on it, and the drop down menu gives you the option to copy, then paste as suggested,into the missive you are preparing.

Sea Urchin 17:04 21 Mar 2009

..... or ultimately you can just type it into the email. But if it's too long or complicated then copying and pasting is the best option.

skippytibb 17:26 21 Mar 2009

ok will try these thanks for your help you r lifesavers!!!

skippytibb 17:58 21 Mar 2009

hi ive tried all suggested it pasted to my e-mail message. i sent it to myself to try out but it did not come through as a link whst im i doing wrong? if i wanted to send this page for instance where do i highlite it?

Sea Urchin 18:05 21 Mar 2009

To send this PCA page right-click on the URl in the address bar and click Copy - then go to the body of the email and right-click and Paste - this will give you the required link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017