How do I restore services

  Lloafer 09:43 12 Feb 2011

Last week I followed the advice in PC Advisor in the article 30 ways to speed up Windows. I disabled some services that I thought I did not need. But now I find the specialist keys on my wireless keyboard and mouse do not work, I have no sound and I have just found that my printer no longer works.

I have tried to restore the services but each time I get the error message:

Error 1075: the dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.

So, can someone tell me how to get them back. I have tried system restore but there are no restore points.

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:39 12 Feb 2011

What services?

  woodchip 11:48 12 Feb 2011

Right Click My Computer then on Manage/Services look for the ones that need to be re-enabled right click on it the set to AUTO

  GaT7 11:57 12 Feb 2011

Can you not go back & undo all/related the changes? This is the article I think click here - service-related changes are on pages 4 & 5. G

  birdface 12:00 12 Feb 2011

Not sure if a system restore to before you made the changes will work or not.
If you unticked anything on msconfig go back and tick them again.

  Bris 17:44 12 Feb 2011

In the Services screen if you right click on a service then choose properties then dependences it will tell you what services the one you are looking at depends on and what services depend on it. Also it will present you with a number of recovery options.
This may help in diagnosing your problem.

  Salut 20:37 13 Feb 2011

I hope you don't take this comment the wrong way.

I have always kept a careful note of when and how changes have been made to the system, that way I can always backtrack and to make corrections.

I do hope that the advice others have given has helped you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?