how do I remove an unwanted account in outlook exp

Chicks 16:53 26 Feb 2007

I recently transferred a neighbours data from his old machine to a new machine using 'files and settings transfer wizard'. The old machine had a mail account in Outlook Express from a previous user and this has been transferred also. Unfortunately that account now controls Outlook Express. in as much as the documents are sent from that name even though when I look at the account detailed information (tools->accounts->properties) there is no reference to this user or his email address/server etc.

Can anyone give me an idea as to how I can remove this account? I would be most grateful

Jackcoms 16:57 26 Feb 2007

In OE go to Tools; Accounts; Mail. Highlight the account in question and click 'Remove' at the right-hand side

crosstrainer 16:59 26 Feb 2007

When you click tools>accounts, does the mail account you wish to remove appear? If so highlight it and click remove.

Chicks 18:09 26 Feb 2007

Jackcoms, Crosstrainer, thanks for yur responses but the problem I have is that there is no indication of the troublesome account in tools, accounts, mail. I will try removing all accounts and removing and re-entering the required accounts.

Jackcoms 18:59 26 Feb 2007

Was the previous user perhaps using Outlook as his/her e-mail client?

Have you looked in there?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017