How do I remove a restricted site

cdb 21:44 28 Oct 2007

When I can't find that site in the list, even tho if I try to add it, I'm told it's already there.

I accidently added the wrong site to my restricted sites list and want to delete it as I can't login to that site now.
To do this I have to highlight the site then press remove, but I can't find the site in the list anywhere.
If I try to add it to the trusted sites, I'm told it has to be of the https format. If I add it as that, it still doesn't let me login.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

rossgolf 21:55 28 Oct 2007

are you using a special program like squidguard or similar to restrict the sites?
what browser are you running?

cdb 22:20 28 Oct 2007

I'm using IE7 on winXP

rossgolf 22:21 28 Oct 2007

try uninstallin it then reinstalling it because then it should get rid of any saved pages ( in restricted and allowed sites) then giv u a clean slate to start again

brundle 22:38 28 Oct 2007

How many entries in your restricted list at the moment? If you have Spywareblaster and/or Spybot installed and immunization switched on the lists will be huge. Temporarily disable them and then look at the restricted sites list.

rdave13 22:50 28 Oct 2007

Try--in IE7--tools--internet options--privecy tab--sites tab--and work from there.

rdave13 22:53 28 Oct 2007

PS any changes you make I suggest you reboot. Windows after all. :)

cdb 14:58 29 Oct 2007

I seem to have sorted it, but not totally sure which step fixed it.

I ended up doing a reset of IE. This lead to all my restricted sites being removed, but the problem was still there :-S

I then had a look in Norton to see if I could find it's restricted list, incase it had imported it from IE, but I couldn't find it.

Anyway it seemed to clear itself shortly after, so problem solved.

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?