How do I remove a prog without add/remove progs!

My Mum wants to remove a hefty prog from her laptop. It appears in add/remove progs but nothing happens when remove is selected. I've suggested that she put the installation CD back in (going to all progs> the prog doesn't give an uninstall option)and see if it will work from there but any other suggestions would be appreciated- thank-you!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:50 30 Apr 2008

What program?

johndrew 15:54 30 Apr 2008

Go to `C:Program files` right click the icon and see what size it is - it may have been deleted but still show in Add/Remove. Also look in the folder for an `Uninstall` icon - it is sometimes possible to double click this and uninstall.

If the program is still there but cannot be uninstalled, reinstall the program as it may be damaged and the uninstall not working. Then go to Add/Remove and uninstall it.

Make certain it isn`t running before you try to uninstall as programs will often not uninstall correctly if they are running.

If you are still having problems start in Safe Mode and uninstall there. You would be unwise to delete the folder as it may not be possible to remove all parts of the software if you do so and these may cause a problem later.

If you are still having problems tell us what the software is and what you have done and we will try again.

ambra4 16:06 30 Apr 2008

Use this program to uninstall make sure that it not a program that windows XP need to be

installed before you uninstall as (Fruit Bat /\0/\ ask What Program) Norton / Office?? etc

as there is difference ways to uninstall certain programs other than using Windows Add

Remove software

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone