how do I remove HP files from my hard drive?

NW35 10:23 17 May 2007

1 I have an HP5750 All-in-One printer/copier/scanner which came with a CD
to programme my computer with.

2 My computer is a Samsung laptop, running Windows XP. The AllinOne didn't behave properly so I tried to uninstall and then reinstall its
software, using the CD. I did not get any error messages. But it still didn't behave (wouldn't scan) and

3 I got a message saying that the computer and AllinOne were not communicating properly. But this could not be, cos all the interfaces were ok and most printing and copying functions worked ok. So I thought that the problem could be due to residual corrupted files.

4 After uninstalling (Control Panel>Add/Remove Programmes>HP>Remove), I
checked Start>Search> Files n Folders>File Name 'HP', and found about 800
files with hp or HP in the name,many contained in
an HP scanner or printer folder, even though I had 'Uninstalled' the HP software. It seemed logical to remove these files and folders completely before attempting again to reinstall from the Allinone's disk, but deleting
them one by one would take forever and anyway I might pull some wrong ones. So I would like to know how to get all the HP AllinOne files out of my computer before attempting to reprogramme from the CD. Or can they safely stay in the hard drive without taking up hard disk space and without infecting or otherwise adversely affecting a new installation?

chub_tor 10:31 17 May 2007

I always run CCleaner click here after removing a programme via Add/Remove and find that it does a pretty good job of clearing out the left over files.

MAJ 10:36 17 May 2007

If it wasn't a long time ago that you installed the device, do a System Restore to a time before you installed it, that should remove all the files.

FreeCell 10:52 17 May 2007

click here

HP support page to remove software and drivers.

If you load cd and try an install when already installed i think it asks you if you want to uninstall first. So try loading from CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?