How do I remove 'Delete Record' function in Access

Radix Lecti 10:50 27 Nov 2006

Morning all.

Would any techie out there advise how I can go about removing the 'Delete Record' function (in any of it's locations) from an Access 2003 database?

People having the ability to delete a whole lot of project work data really does make a mockery of the audit process!

Many thanks.

Belatucadrus 11:07 27 Nov 2006

I think you need to create some different user accounts with the Security Wizard, with an admin style account for yourself and either a "New data Users" or "Read Only Users" accounts for other people.
I'd strongly suggest backing up a copy and playing with the wizard to ensure familiarity before using it on the main database though.

I am Spartacus 11:08 27 Nov 2006

Setup User Groups and then setup permissions?

Tools, Security, User and Group Permissions

Radix Lecti 11:43 27 Nov 2006

OK, thanks for this... HOWEVER...

I've just discivered that the guy who set this thing up (no longer here) has the whole 'Permissions' feature setup using VB (which I'm very unfamilliar with).

I have found a reference in the VB, where some others buttons are made hidden, and it looks as though I need to find out the Cbar.Id for the 'Delete Record' button.

Anyone know how I can find this?

Thanks

Radix Lecti 12:57 27 Nov 2006

Ok... I've managed to get the Delete button hidden, so that's good.

I now need to disable the 'Unhide...' option under 'Window'. I'm going to have to go the VB route (and not the build in Permissions route).

Anyone know where I can find the Cbar.ID for this option?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone