Billy are you saying you want to re-install? or install over the top?
Personally I would format and start again, that is unless you want to repost your problems...
First of all you will have to back up all your data as the below will get rid of all information stored.
You will have to create a startup disk first and that is done by...
Creating A Windows ME Startup Disk:
1. Insert a blank 3.5 disk into your floppy drive. 2. Open Add/Remove Programs properties in Control Panel. 3. Click the Startup Disk tab, and then click Create Disk. 4. Follow the instructions on the screen.
Then its time to format...
1. Insert your startup floppy & your Windows ME CD, Restart the computer.
2. Choose option 2 "start windows with CD-ROM support" when prompted.
3. Take note of your CD-ROM's drive letter.
4. At the A:\prompt type in format C: and press enter.
5. Choose YES when asked to proceed with format by pressing the letter Y and then pressing enter. Format will run.
6. After format is complete Enter a volume label then press enter or just press enter for none.An A:\ prompt will appear.
Note: Your not required to enter a volume label, you may leave this empty and simply press enter to continue.
7. At the A:\prompt type in D:\setup and press enter (thats if D is your drive letter)