How do i recover from fatal stop error?

DaveReece 15:55 02 Feb 2003

I encountered a fatal stop error and now cannot access my system.
All i get is a blue screen saying 'insert book disk' can anyone tell me what i should do to be able to access my system again?

DaveReece 16:28 02 Feb 2003

Anyone out there who can help?

Gongoozler 16:36 02 Feb 2003

DaveReece, can you tell us what version of Windows you are running, and if there is anymore information you can give us about the error message.

JoeC 16:37 02 Feb 2003

click here It might give you some ideas. : }

DaveReece 16:41 02 Feb 2003

I am running windows 2000 pro....I didnt record the numbers after the error notification and now i can't get into the system at all

JoeC 16:41 02 Feb 2003

"Resolution
The first thing to check is that there is not a disk in the floppy disk drive. If there is, then remove it and restart the computer. If there is not, then it could be that the hard drive has lost some information and the chances are that your Operating System (OS)will need to be reinstalled. "

DaveReece 16:45 02 Feb 2003

how should i go about reinstalling the OS? I cannot access windows at all and the boot disk i made on another computer doesn't seem to work?

JoeC 16:55 02 Feb 2003

because I don't want you to think I am inferring anything - have you tried starting the computer with the operating system CD in the tray to see if anything happens ?

DaveReece 16:59 02 Feb 2003

yes ive tried that but dont get anywhere.....

JoeC 17:08 02 Feb 2003

out of a hole in the side of my head, but would it be possible to boot up with another PC's floppy ( say, Win98 for example ) with your OS CD in the tray and then opt to start up with CD Rom support ? There has to be a way to get up and running somehow.

DaveReece 17:13 02 Feb 2003

i'll set the system back up again and try it out....i'll be back in about 30 mins...thanks for help anyway....i'll let you know how i get on!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires