How do I record a webcam?

buel 20:29 17 Dec 2013

Hi all, There is a webcam that shows my favourite holiday destination town square. I am going there within the next week and I would like to get some friends to record the footage off the webcam whilst I appear on it. Please can I ask is there an easy way to record the footage?

Woolwell 21:25 17 Dec 2013

Last time I recorded video off the web I used Debut Video Capture free version. There may be easier ways.

buel 21:39 17 Dec 2013

Hi there, I have installed the free version but cant see how to record off the web page?

buel 07:16 18 Dec 2013

Hi there, I have installed the free version but cant see how to record off the web page?

xania 10:17 18 Dec 2013

I tried this some time ago, but gave up when it would not record sound properly. If memory serves me right, you need to either select the entire screen or set it to frame that part of the screen that shows the web page, then click the record button and leave it running until you have finished the recording and then click the stop button. Be warned if you are expecting sound as well as vision - test it first otherwise disappointment reigns

xania 10:20 18 Dec 2013

However, you might find this more useful:

click here

Woolwell 10:27 18 Dec 2013

It is 2 years ago or so since I last used the software. If I remember correctly then you use "Select Desktop Rectangle for Capture". Draw a rectangle around the webcam picture and capture it.

Fairly sure that xania's last link is to how to capture from your webcam not a internet webcam.

rdave13 12:13 18 Dec 2013

aTube Catcher does this, you select a rectangle over the playing video and record. Adjust the size of the player first. Click here.

BRYNIT 14:55 18 Dec 2013

From what you have put it sounds like you are trying to record from a web page that shows live feed from a web cam. As its a live feed and you have no control there is no simple way.

Your friends could use the program you have downloaded from woolwell link, if you go back to the web page and click on screenshot at the top it will take you to a page giving basic instruction on how to capture the desktop.

rdave13 17:36 18 Dec 2013

Here's a screen record I did of a live cam earlier, with aTube. It's simple enough to use just need some practice. Click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?