How do I record a song frm Internet using Audacity

Triprajul 10:42 20 May 2010

Greetings:

I have downloaded Audacity, another great free download recommended on this Forum. However, I don’t know to record a song with it. For example, I want to download and save to my computer the song “I told you so” by Randy Travis, available at click here but how do I do with this program? Step by step instructions would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

northumbria61 10:57 20 May 2010

Take a look here -

click here

eedcam 11:03 20 May 2010

you can t use audacity to download it only to record the audio part as you play it. Is that what you meant?

kristain 11:10 20 May 2010

also loo at this:

click here

Triprajul 12:12 20 May 2010

Greetings:

Eedcam, in reference to your posting above, that is exactly what I mean. Using Audacity, I simply want to download and save the audio portion of the video as I play/watch it. Thank you for your posting and I look forward to more feeding from everyone.

theDarkness 14:31 20 May 2010

click here

youll need to make sure your sound card is selected in input output, and you have chosen stereo for best quality. if you want mp3 youll need to also use a 'lame_enc.dll' click here and add it to edit>preferences>file formats, if you wish to record to mp3.

Hit record in audacity, then play your chosen file (eg video). when finished press stop in audacity, and you should see your recorded sound in blue. you may need to click on "effect > normalise" to automatically amplify sound levels, then export as wav or mp3 to save.

eedcam 18:25 20 May 2010

Triprajul if you get stuck PM me and I'll send you the track

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone