How do I put photos in PC on to a SD card

dolphinaber 21:20 24 Aug 2008

Hi, I have a great many photos in my PC I would like to put on SD cards to show on a Photo Frame. How can I do this please?
Bill

skidzy 21:26 24 Aug 2008

Insert the sd card into its reader,this maybe internal of the pc or you can buy a card reader.
Then highlight the required photo's and right click them and sendto the card...job done.

woodchip 21:35 24 Aug 2008

You are better first right click the Drive and choose create new folder then drag files to that

Stuartli 23:20 24 Aug 2008

The "Send To" method is far easier than dragging and dropping.

dolphinaber 09:44 25 Aug 2008

Many thanks. Sorry but can you go into greater detail.
Yes I have a card reader but I have not used it before.
Do I get the photos from say my PSPro or somewhere else.
When I plug the reader in a window comes up with Removable Disk K, various items to click on( such as Import pictures and View pictures). Do I use any of those.
Where will I find the card to send to or drag to as the case may be.
Not very clever with PCs as you will have gathered!

jack 09:56 25 Aug 2008

1. by default all images are stored in a folder My Pictures which is in My Documents on the C Drive.
The exception to this if you have a certain other programs loaded which may direct images elsewhere.For now how ever assume all images are by default in 'My Pictures'
2. Create a new folder and call it 'Picture Frame'
3.Go to My pictures[or where ever else they are stored] and open the folder to the desk top.
4.Do the same with the new 'Picture frame folder'
so the you now have two folders sized to sit side by side on screen
5.Select each image you wish to display and drag it to the Picture frame folder- It will 'Copy' to this leaving the original in place.
6.Close My pictures
7. Open 'K' the memory card folder and now go to the picture frame folder and go to Edit/Copy and then click on 'K' and Edit Paste.
Job done

woodchip 10:18 25 Aug 2008

Press Windows Key plus E key this starts Windows Explorer where you can see files on your computer. Brows to your photos where you keep them, the Card will be at the bottom Left for you to Create a folder in and drag to

Stuartli 10:58 25 Aug 2008

It's still much easier to use Send To.

Ensure you know the correct card reader "drive" letter for the memory card, switch to your photo file(s), highlight the one(s required), right click and choose Send To from the menu.

You then select the memory drive's appropriate drive letter and left click it - the photo file(s) will be sent to the card in the memory card reader.

It's the equivalent of drag and drop, but much more straightforward and, as some of us well know from our initial early attempts, won't lead to dragging and dropping to the wrong destination..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?