how do I print smaller from a PDF file

bigboab y 15:04 18 Sep 2007

I have downloaded the users manual for my friends digital camera.I want to print the main pages but it will probably print in A4 ..how do I get it to print in A5 or smaller,preferably 2 pages per A4 sheet. I have an HP 6122 deskjet printer.

uesquebeathus 15:18 18 Sep 2007

click start the find Icon for Printers and Faxes, open this and select your printer, then select properties, printing preferences,features, in there you should be able to change the print options, sheets per page etc.

Diemmess 17:05 18 Sep 2007

I don't think it is quite so simple as has been suggested.
PDF files are themselves instructions to the printer and can't easily be edited once saved in that form.
This helps prevent the instruction manual being tinkered with and interfere with the copywright.

Ideally bigboab y, you want to print 4 pages to an A4 sheet?

I don't know for certain but think you could do this with a dedicated publishing program such as Quark (astronomically expensive heavyweight stuff) or at a tiny fraction of the cost with Serif "Page Plus"

[Posted partly to see if some bod comes up with the answer.]

shellship 17:25 18 Sep 2007

I have used Blue Squirrel's Clickbook for this very job many times. Costs about £20 if my memory serves me right but v. useful and easy to use.

bigboab y 17:47 18 Sep 2007

Look guys..I'm a Scotsman..your talking spending money here :-) ... wheres all the freebies when you need them? Anybody know? (seriously thanks for your replies guys/gals)..

bigboab y 11:12 22 Sep 2007

Sorry about late post...I tried printing the Adobe pages and they printed in A5 size ..2 pages per A4 sheet. So my fears were unfounded ..thanks for all replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone