HOW DO I OVERCLOCK RAM

seancblack 15:54 02 Oct 2003

I have a Gigabyte GA8SQ800 Ultra motherboard with 1Gig of Dual channel Corsair XMS 3200 Ram, can someone explain how to overclock the Ram?

mark e 15:55 02 Oct 2003

bump

seancblack 15:58 02 Oct 2003

?????

critic-al 16:03 02 Oct 2003
  plsndrs3 16:11 02 Oct 2003

Using the word 'bump' gets your query back towards the top of the list & might help others to reply as messages quickly move down the list & onto the mext page where they can get overlooked. It shows that, although there is no advice how to reach a solution, it is still outstanding. I would imagine that Mark E is also interested in this topic. You can also 'bump' your own message to get others to see it ....

Hope this helps explain it.

Regards,

Paul

seancblack 16:23 02 Oct 2003

Thanks Paul, sorry if I offended Mark

Forum Editor 16:36 02 Oct 2003

I don't really see the point. The speed gain will be small, the effort will be great (to get the settings just right), and if you raise the voltage there's a chance you damage the RAM anyway.

My advice is to leave well alone - you wouldn't notice the difference in normal use anyway.

OneSirKnight 16:37 02 Oct 2003

I Take it that the link offered to you from
critic-al was not of any use to you?

mark e 20:45 04 Oct 2003

no offence taken. I was just interested in the link, and by adding a comment it sends it to my postings which I can find it very easily later.

Mark

ollie < one> 10:24 05 Oct 2003

zdf

seancblack 15:58 06 Oct 2003

On the contrary, the link was very useful, and I have now managed to do this.

I Have HAD TO overclock the Ram as Gigabyte have published a notice on this motherboard stating that it will only support pc3200 by overclocking (not sure how it was working before doing this) but does explain some problems I have been having recently. Nice one gigabyte, remind me not to buy your products again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?