How do i make a recovery cd from the partition?

buel 22:01 29 May 2009

Hi, my gf had a 3year old medion laptop that is rather slow and, in my opinion, needs a fresh install. My problem is that the laptop only has a recovery partition and i am unsure of how to use this. Please can anyone help?

eric_bloodaxe 22:21 29 May 2009

the recovery partition is activated at boot by a key combination specific to the manufacturer. it is probably an option listed at the point when u can go into safe mode or whatever. What it will do is reset your puter to the factory state so all apps and data on the puter that u have added since first boot will be lost!!! so by all means use it but make a full backup first on a removable disc or external drive using the Backup wizard. I am assuming here you are running XP if not things will be different.

woodchip 22:27 29 May 2009

True Image Should be able to see the Partition to create a Image of it

woodchip 22:30 29 May 2009

I have two Medions a XP Laptop and a Desktop both have a Restore and Full XP home cd. if yours came from Aldi you most likely only have a Restore CD. You start with the CD in the Drive and get a screen that gives three options to restore select with arrow keys and enter key

woodchip 22:35 29 May 2009

If you have lost the Restore CD only thing you can do is Ring Medion and see if you can buy a Recovery CD for your Model of Laptop. It will not work any other way than starting with the CD, it cannot be created using the Partition. As all the CD does is starts the Recovery Process that is a Image on the D:\ or as in my case E:\ Partition

PS the Partition is not Hidden on a Medion

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?