How do I install a new desktop theme?

bitterbanana 03:36 06 Mar 2006

I wanted to change my desktop theme from the bland Windows defaults to something more tasteful.

I tried looking for free windows themes to download, most of the reputable sources cost money.

So I decided to go to themeworld.com and go find a free to download amature artwork.

click here

After downloading, I see find a bunch of unspecified files, graphics, and some .wavs

What do I do now?

remind 03:52 06 Mar 2006
  SANTOS7 10:58 06 Mar 2006

click here
been useing this for about 5yrs now, if you click the blue button you will get the free limited version (does not do the slider bars) used in conjunction with cursor xp,you can jaz up your desktop no end. have fun!!!

bitterbanana 15:14 06 Mar 2006

In remind's link, it says a desktop theme installer is required, whether it be featured in the Microsoft Plus! Pack, or, I can find a free version online.

Can somebody list me some free theme installers and packs?

Also, how do I create my own desktop themes, and active wallpapers?

wolfie3000 16:58 06 Mar 2006
  remind 17:41 06 Mar 2006

the installers mentioned are good, but not always required if you use an xp patch click here
the royale theme used on dell machines is a nice change too click here

wolfie3000 20:47 06 Mar 2006

remind,

I just installed the royale theme it looks good.

click here

remind 21:23 06 Mar 2006

certainly does, whats the icon pack you're using? a step up from the plain XP ones

wolfie3000 21:31 06 Mar 2006

Remind

Heres where i got the icons

click here

SG Atlantis® 12:36 08 Mar 2006

Just saying thanks, I like that Royale theme.

flyingbrit 05:07 10 Mar 2006

My son has a Star Wars theme on our pc, he's downloaded sounds and icons from all different sites (tucows is a good one) and combined them to make his own theme. The desktop he downloaded from a site called "desktop starships" (sorry can't put a link on from here) It all looks and sounds mighty fine! I love the open windows music.....The Imperial March cut down in wave editer to fit....and the closing down sound which is C3PO asking if you have finished with him, lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?