How do I install Beryl on Linux Ubuntu Help Please

Internetwhizzkid 00:11 30 May 2007

Hi,
I have just managed to get linux ubuntu working on my pc with wireless something which I have never been able to do for years.

Anyway what i want to do is install beryl on it which is the cool effects thing. Sadly it comes in the compressed folder and complicated files. sadly I do not know what I have to do with them, and I would really like to install it.

So is there anyone out there that would be so kind in telling me how i install it, now i do know alot about computers but if you could explain it as simple as possible and in steps that would be wonderful. My hat will go out to anyone who will be able to help me get this installed

Thanks
Ben

Ashrich 00:23 30 May 2007

Hello , Internetwizzkid , do a search on Google for " Installing Beryl on Ubuntu " and you'll get plenty of hits about various types of Ubuntu like Edgy Eft , Feisty Fawn , Dapper Drake and both ATI and NVidia cards as well , so your combination should be covered ...

Ashley

ashdav 01:51 30 May 2007

If you go to add/remove programmes then Beryl should be there under graphics (I think).
Bottom left icon on the desktop.

ashdav 01:53 30 May 2007

If you have problems using Ubuntu then uninstall and try Kubuntu.
It's more like Windows and more intuitive to use if you're new to Linux.

Bandy 10:11 30 May 2007

I'm rather hesitant about suggesting other forums - but you will find some excellent help on the Ubuntu absolute beginners forum, along with a number of "How To" pages

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?