How do I increase size of my local disc 'I'?

olddromola 10:21 25 Feb 2007

My reasonably new PC came with a local disc 'I' into which most of the programmes have been stored. As it is only 5GB in size it is now nearly full, and I want to increase it in size by another 5GB. There is 145GB spare capacity on my 'C' drive so there should be no problem, but how do I transfer 5GB from 'C' to 'I'?

you can use partition magic but be carefull as some machines have a partition containing the recovery information. do you have the os disc or is it a floppy? you could simply install any software on to the c drive in future

Technotiger 10:46 25 Feb 2007

Hi, I would advise extreme caution - I am only guessing, but it looks to me as if your 'I' is a Rescue Partition on your main hard-drive, which should not be added to or tampered with. All your additional software, games, security programs - like avg etc, and other programs like Word and digicam programs etc would normally go onto 'C'. If you have installed games or programes into 'I' I would advise uninstalling them and re-installing them into 'C'.

Can you give us more info about your reasonably new PC - ie, OS, manufacture etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?